Skip to main content

Fifteen for a 21st



It was my sister's 21st birthday today...which called for a pretty impressive celebration! We headed to Jamie Oliver's Fifteen in Cornwall for the occasion and it was absolutely incredible. 


 I started off with a Watergate Cooler, which is basically a glass of appley orangey gingery deliciousness. 


This was followed by a starter of buffalo mozerella, smashed peas and pea shoots. 


Main was an incredible pollock fillet with lentils, rosemary and anchovy dressing. I am a massive fish fan and the pollock was one of the best cooked I have ever tasted.


The meal was wrapped up with a pudding of "dark chocolate nemesis" - basically a deliciously moist brownie with raspberries and praline. It was the perfect end to a perfect meal...for an almost perfect girl.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen yogurt breakfast bowl

I feel as if Instagram and Pinterest are awash with photos of breakfast bowls containing ingredients I just can't get my hands on in Wales (mail order acai berries anyone?) I did want to jump on the trend bandwagon however and so have been enjoying frozen yogurt breakfast bowls instead (sprinkled with some  homemade granola of course - this batch has cashews rather than ginger in though).  I make this in my smoothie maker - anything with the ability to blitz frozen fruit will do. I can thoroughly recommend this as a breakfast to get you kick-started in spring! To make 1 portion of frozen yogurt breakfast bowl you will need: A handful of frozen berries - the major supermarkets do this really well 1 banana 1 tablespoon of greek yogurt A splash of milk From experience of multiple attempts at this, you need to order the ingredients in the blender so that the banana and yogurt are nearest the blade (to create a kind of paste) with the frozen berries ...

Chilli chocolate birthday cake

On Wednesday it was my lovely friend Danny's birthday. I was invited to spend a long weekend with him and my favourite person, Emily, in Swansea. Danny's only request for his birthday cake was that it was "new flavours", which led to me and Emily baking Danny a chilli chocolate cake until 1am on Saturday morning.  Little duckling sheltering from the Welsh weather The cake was enjoyed on Saturday evening with everyone and it was super - the chilli isn't spicy at all but just gives a depth to the chocolate flavour that makes the cake taste extra special. The icing doesn't have any chilli in either so it just makes for a lovely celebration cake! It's important to use a good quality chocolate with a high cocoa content as it is so much more delicious than a cheap slab of chocolate; this cake deserves that sort of quality. The recipe is based upon one you bake in a  Le Creuset  but we instead baked it in a cake tin and it turned out perfectly. By al...

Sri Lanka

Apologies for the lack of posts recently; just got back from a month backpacking around Sri Lanka with three friends, sampling the incredible curries, fresh juices and street food this amazing country offers...as well as fitting in a bit of culture (when we weren't planning where our next meal was going to come from!) We had a   brilliant   time and I've got lots of ideas buzzing round my head at the moment for things to pop on here. As well as ideas from Sri Lanka though it is my sister's birthday coming up in a fortnight, which means I'm going to need to knock up a gluten-free cake of some description...so that will be making an appearance on here too I'm sure.